The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation is getting ready for Part 2 of the Tourism Readiness and Restoration Plan, which can start tomorrow and can permit for the resumption of worldwide journey to The Bahamas.
Insurance policies and procedures for all travellers visiting The Bahamas starting 1st July are as follows. Plans proceed to evolve in response to COVID-19 developments, and so extra steerage might be communicated as particulars can be found.
- As a result of latest improve of COVID-19 circumstances within the U.S., and in an abundance of warning for the well being and security of each travellers and residents, all incoming guests should current a COVID-19 RT-PCR Unfavorable (Swab) Check upon arrival. Outcomes should be not more than ten (10) days previous. o Choose people might be exempt from testing, which incorporates kids below the age of two, personal pilots who don’t deplane, and Bahamian residents, residents and owners coming back from English talking CARICOM nations.
- All travellers might be required to finish an digital Well being Visa. Further info is forthcoming.
- No quarantine might be required upon arrival, nevertheless, travellers who present signs of COVID-19 could also be transferred to an space away from different passengers for additional testing and analysis.
- All inter-island travellers should full an digital Home Journey type at journey.gov.bs previous to departure and for any inter-island journey inside The Bahamas. An automatic response might be supplied upon completion. All travellers should have their affirmation available upon arrival to their vacation spot. This can be a essential step for contact tracing functions.
- At airports and seaports, healthcare personnel will conduct temperature screenings for all incoming guests. Travellers might be required to put on a face masks in any state of affairs the place it’s essential to implement bodily distancing pointers, corresponding to when getting into and transiting air and sea terminals, whereas navigating safety and customs screenings, and at baggage declare.
As a part of Part 2, accommodations and trip leases, together with Airbnb and HomeAway will open to friends. Home and Worldwide airways are permitted to renew service, and lots of are starting to announce plans for his or her return to The Bahamas:
- Delta Airways might be resuming its twice day by day Atlanta to Nassau service 2nd
- United Airways introduced its day by day Houston to Nassau service will resume sixth and the Saturday-only Denver to Nassau service will resume 11th July.
- American Airways will resume flights to Nassau and Exuma on seventh
- Air Canada is scheduled to renew flights from Toronto to Nassau on third July, 2020.
Further airlift resumptions are anticipated to be introduced within the coming weeks. Travellers ought to test with airways straight for particulars on recommencement of service and any protocols for journey.
This 1st July tourism re-entry builds on and helps current authorities guidelines and laws, which already permits for the resumption of journey for worldwide boaters, yachters and people touring on personal aviation in addition to inter-island home journey for Bahamian residents and residents.
As soon as on island, travellers ought to count on to observe The Bahamas’ “Healthy Traveler Campaign” that encourages each guests and residents to proceed training social distancing measures, usually wash palms or use hand sanitizers, and pack applicable PPE corresponding to face masks, simply as they might their swimsuits and sunscreen.
A Certification Company has been established – representing a collaboration between the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Well being, and different regulatory businesses – to implement a Clear & Pristine certification program throughout the islands. All tourism associated, customer-facing entities in The Bahamas should confirm they’ve in place and are adhering to the Authorities authorised well being and security pointers to obtain Clear & Pristine certification. Ample signage outlining insurance policies might be clearly displayed in any respect places serving to to information workers and guests. Travellers are inspired to go to direct enterprise web sites previous to reserving or touring to make sure they’re conscious and cozy with the insurance policies they might want to abide by. Further particulars about on-island protocols will be discovered at www.bahamas.com/travelupdates.
The re-opening of borders will proceed to be monitored and guided by The Bahamas authorities and well being officers. Reopening dates are topic to vary primarily based on COVID-19 developments, if there’s a deterioration in enchancment or if authorities and well being organizations deem these phases unsafe for residents or guests.
The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation believes it’s an absolute baseline requirement for customers to have a consolation degree that The Bahamas is a secure and wholesome vacation spot to go to, and the last word purpose is for that to stay the case. For extra info, or to view the Tourism Readiness and Restoration Plan, go to: www.bahamas.com/travelupdates